Sunday, February 04, 2007

2 Extra dosais

This happened to me when I was in the first semester of MCA. We just finished what I would call the toughest practical examinations in my life. Ask my MCA classmates, they would agree that the first semester electronics lab exam was more a theory exam than a practical exam. Myself , Maha and Kums were the 3 lucky people who got the kind of qn which one would have never expected. All the 3 of us were fuming when the exam was finally over. It was not that the qn was tuf but it was monotonous and it cudnt have been completed in 3 hrs by anyone and there were not enuf chips in our labs to execute the circuit.
I was dead tired and frustrated with the exam and walked after a long 3 hour exam . I was hungry . I wanted to eat as much as possible and walked to one of the best restraunts in TPK . As I was walking towards the restraunt, KK another calssmate joined me . He wanted to know how the exam was and I had to narrate him the whole story and that I was going to have my fill. He wanted to join me and we started walking.
We were close to the bus stop as Muthu another of my classmate was walking and he was also interested to join us for the snack. We were all hungry and went to a small restraunt near the TPK temple to have our fill.
Each one of us were hungry and were ordering gulping the snacks as if we hadnt seen those food items at all. Each finished our idlies and next came the set dosais , gulped a few chapatis and finally the coffee to refresh ourselves.. Each of were full and could not have anything more for the rest of the day.
"Bill Please", said Muthu. The waiter gave the bill and the bill was Rs.82 .I was having Rs 50 and asked KK to pay the rest.I was always of the opinion that as my classmates joined me one by one they would be having enuf cash with them. Now KK didnt have money nor did Muthu. KK and Muthu were thinking that others wud be having enuf cash to pay out the bill. Each of us were looking at each other's face not knowing know this embarassing situation. The waiter was walking up and down around us with accusing look.
Luckily for us Muthu's house was close to the restraunt and he said that he would get the money. 5 mins passed after Muthu left , myself andKK were in unknown waters. KK hit an idea . He called up the waiter and ordered for another 2 dosais for each of us.I was confused and got his idea. KKs idea was simple. By the time Muthu came back, we would slowly munch the extra dosais so that the owner didnt think bad of us . But then we were already full . Still , we slowly munched the extra dosais and thank God by the time we finished the extra dosais, Muthu came back with enuf cash frm his house.
If Muthu had not been in time this blog would have been 10 extra dosais . Myself and KK would have gone in an infinite loop for sure. What say KK ?

Madhu
- Dosai eater

6 comments:

மு.கார்த்திகேயன் said...

ennada madhu, blog looks different..

I think this is because of new blogger..

Now-a-days I believe you have started to write more. Thats great..

I will drop here all the times and you are writing excellent.. should i say this, uh?

Everyone know that, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Great da Madi!!! Nan antha thosa kada karana illama poyeeten... Unga rendu perayum mavu attavum thosa sudavum veturupeen... Kasee ellla athula ennoru thosa veraya??? ;-))

Shanmu said...

நல்ல கதை மது. பசிக்காக தோசை சாப்பிட்டது போக நேரம் கடத்துவதுக்காக தோசை சாப்பிட்ட கதை நல்லா தான் இருக்கு. மேலே வைங்க (keep it up) ;)

Avial said...

@மு.கார்த்திகேயன்
..edho konjam konjam ezhuda try panrean ...Parpom.evalo ezhuda mudyium nnu..

@sens
nee enga pona nnu marandhu potchu.:) ground nut poda va ?

@shanmu .
First visit a ..nemba thanks for ur post.keep coming back to see if i am மேலே வைகrean

Unknown said...

hahahaha.. very funny..

raghu said...

It’s really funny. Good that your friend got an idea on time. What will happen if he didn’t got that idea? Then what will be the title for that blog?

'Check your friend's pocket'

He heee..