Friday, July 27, 2007

Madame Prez

As I write this post India should be proud to have its first woman president , Madame Prathibha singh Patil . Its such a great development in India that even developed countries like US cant boast about .
I have been seeing people talk about equality in gender, caste ,creed etc . Having been born and brought up in a cosmopolitan place like kalpakkam, i have seen that educated ( Not literates ) people are always broad minded . They dont care all these . They just care for good humanity .
I should also bring to a point that as we got our Prathibha singhji , we also see a tug of War between another able police office Crane Bedi and the system. Here the system has won over her and she couldnt get to the post of Delhi Police Commisioner even after being the senior most .
I just remember a small incident even in my life . In my 12 th Std , we had a school election where my (she) class mate won over my ( he ) classmate . We ( the Hez) couldnt just accept that we lost to a She. We did a lot of pranks to digest the loss . if i think backof it I feel ,How silly of us .
Though we fight for reservations for ladies , the system( including me) is just hypocratic . Are we ?


Cheers,
Madhu

2 comments:

Dontcare said...

It does not matter a Woman or a Man is a puppet, puppet is a puppet but I really admire Dr. KALAM. No other living Indian can reach his heights.

Anonymous said...

Punctuation corrections...
1. Pratibha Patil or Shekhawat -> instead of 'Pratibha Singh'. Singh is used only for men.
2. Kiran Bedi -> Instead of 'Crane Bedi'.